Young REP Theatre Workshop
The Young REPertory Theatre Workshop, now in its 41st year, continues to train and develop students interested in the theatre arts as a vocation.
Young REP 2014 is scheduled for June 16 - July 31, 2014. (There will be no classes July 3 - 6.)
During a six-week intensive training period, students will meet every
Monday through Friday from 9am to noon. Each week consists of acting classes
as well as master classes in Ensemble Performance, Audition Technique,
Improvisation, Voice and Diction, Dialects, Musical Theatre for the Actor,
Stage Combat, Directing, Script Analysis, Technical Theatre, Shakespeare
and Playwriting. An outstanding instruction team of theatre professionals
Well-known as a professional training ground Young REP teaches the discipline, concentration and skill necessary to all areas of theatre. Students will have the opportunity to explore and grow as individuals and ensemble performers. Class exercises and projects will focus on the assessment and effective use of the actor’s basic skills in voice, movement and characterization.
The workshop will culminate in a week long Festival of Showcases the final week in July on the stages at the Lesher Center for the Arts. These wonderful showcase performances will celebrate the creative spirit and skills which have been learned in the various parts of our program.
- Admission is based on the application and audition-interview.
- Call (925) 295-1400 to schedule your audition/interview. Auditions begin in March, and will continue into May, as space is available.
- Audition/interview requires a memorized monologue, 1-2 minutes in length from a published play reflecting careful preparation, imagination and honesty.
- Auditions are held at the Lesher Center for the Arts, 1601 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, CA
- Information regarding partial scholarship is available at the audition upon request.
"Every year I participate in this program I become a part of something that doesn't exist anywhere else. I learn something new and invaluable as an actor and as a human being. I find truth and inspiration in Young REP. I am beyond prepared for college and can't express the amount of gratitude I owe to this program!"